Wildacres - EFMLS
6 Rockhound Tips for first timers
1. Mineral Museum - Schedule an extra hour before your arrival to stop off the Blue Ridge Parkway and visit The Museum of North Carolina Minerals! It's a "gem" and displays minerals native to North Carolina.
2. Carpool - Reach out to mineral clubs and find others to carpool with. You might even save some money to grab breakfast at Cracker Barrel.
3. Fog - The Blue Ridge mountains are very foggy at times. Drive slowly, carefully, and estimate longer than you may expect.
4. Rock Swap - The Tailgate Swap offers a fun opportunity to buy and sell goods. One person's rock is another person's treasure. Minerals, metals, crystals are all favorites.
5. Collecting - You will want something in the Auction. Maybe it will be a reclaimed silver bar, folk art collectible, Chalcedony Geode, just make sure you have some dollars.
6. Camera - Chronicle your lapidary, cabochon, etc. project from start to finish. The sunsets and sunrises are pretty dramatic, too!
Location - Little Switzerland, North Carolina
|Good Stuff Auction|
|Tail Gate Swap|
|Wildacres Retreat Classes|
|Glass Engraving & Etching|
|Loop & Loop Chains|
|Lost Wax Casting|